MainWP has partnered with BlogVault to bring you bulletproof incremental off-site backups for all your MainWP Child sites at an exclusive discount of 25% off their normal prices. All you need to do is install the free BlogVault Backup Extension and follow the directions to get started quickly and easily!
How does an incremental backup work?
First BlogVault makes a complete backup of your WordPress site. While doing the backup they create an index of the various parts of the site such as files and database.
This index is then used to identify the parts of the site that change. Once the initial backup is complete, the future backups are done incrementally. BlogVault then scans the website at regular intervals to identify things that have changed. It then only backups these changes.
Reduce server load on your Child sites.
While doing a complete backup, the entire site needs to be copied. This uses a lot of server resources and can slow down your site. Incremental backups on the other hand only copy small parts of the site. This puts minimum strain on the site and does not slow the site down.
- Backups – BlogVault adopts an incremental approach to backup, restore and migration process. Irrespective of whether we are migrating, backing up, or restoring a site, we only work with what’s changed since the last sync. This saves time and bandwidth.
- Auto Restore – The Auto-Restore feature automatically restores the backup to the server in your hour of need, without a need for manual intervention.
- Test Restore – Just load the chosen backup version to any of our test servers and you can see it working like a real website.
- Migration – Migrating a site is sometimes a necessary task, but one that fills site owners with a certain amount of anxiety. Whether it be moving to a new host or changing your domain, there are always challenges, the most important being downtime.
- History – BlogVault maintains a 30 day history of your backups so that you can go back to any of them at any point in time.
- Security – BlogVault guarantees 100% safety by storing multiple copies of your backup in a location that is independent of your website. Your backup, which is encrypted, is stored in secure data centers and also on Amazon S3 servers.
Why is this an Extension why can’t you just give us the signup link?
This is an Exclusive discount only for MainWP customers, that is why the code is in an Extension and you need at least 1 Child site connected to your Dashboard.
Does this cost anything?
The Extension is free but the BlogVault service does have a monthly cost but with the MainWP BlogVault Extension you get 25% off any of their plans, even the unlimited sites plan!
Basic 1 Site Plan
- Original Price: $9 per month / $89 per year
- MainWP Discounted Price: $6.75 per month or $66.75 per year
Plus 3 Site Plan
- Original Price: $19 per month / $189 per year
- MainWP Discounted Price: $14.25 per month or $141.75 per year
Pro 7 Site Plan
- Original Price: $39 per month / $389 per year
- MainWP Discounted Price: $29.25 per month or $291.75 per year
Unlimited Site Basic Plan
- Original Price: $99 per month / $989 per year
- MainWP Discounted Price: $74.25 per month or $741.75 per year
Where is the “gotcha”?
First let me assure you there is no “gotcha”, no conspiracy, nothing happening behind closed doors, no money changing hands (we are NOT affiliates) just two businesses working to create a mutually beneficial deal for the client.
Dennis Dornon, Co-founder at MainWP