If your Child Site gets disconnected from your MainWP Dashboard and you are not able to see the MainWP Child plugin because it has been hidden by the MainWP Branding Extension or any other branding option gets “stuck”, you will need to Master Reset branding options on your child site.
- Access your child site server with your favorite FTP Client
- Locate the class-mainwp-child.php file on your Child Site
- Download the file
- Open the file in any Code Editor
- Locate the public function __construct( $plugin_file ) function around line 173
- Locate this–>update(); about 2 lines lower
- Directly after that line, add the following code:
- Save the changes in the file
- Upload file back to the site_root/wp-content/plugins/mainwp-child/class/ directory on your child site.
Be sure to overwrite the current file.
delete_option( 'mainwp_branding_child_hide' ); code doesn’t help, try to use this
After adding that code, you will be able to re-activate the child plugin and reconnect it to your MainWP Dashboard. After successfully reconnecting, download the file again and remove the code you added earlier. This needs to be done so the Branding Extension can be used properly again.