Hello MainWP Managers; I hope you had a wonderful holiday season.
Like 2021, 2022 was another exciting year with a focus on digital agencies, improvements in UI/UX, and partnerships aimed at helping you to organize your work better and efficiently.
This is the time of the year I really enjoy reading year-in-review posts; they can be very inspiring, and writing my own review is a great way to reflect on the past year and prepare for the future.
Let’s look at how much we helped our customers, but before diving in, I’d like to thank all our customers for trusting MainWP to manage their clients’ websites. We wouldn’t be here today without your continuous support and feedback.
Top Highlights of 2022!
- MainWP Turned 8 🥳
- Huge Milestone of 600k+ sites being managed using MainWP
- Ability to pay in 2 Payments for a Lifetime plan
- New logo: A fresh look, incorporating our core values: “Your Client’s Privacy” & “Open Source” while keeping our classic look
MainWP Dashboard & Child Plugins
In 2022, MainWP got two significant updates, i.e., 4.2 and 4.3
The MainWP 4.2 release was focused on privacy for YOU and YOUR Clients. We closely worked with Donata of Termageddon to ensure our privacy policies are up-to-date, fully transparent, and available inside the MainWP Dashboard & Child plugins.
Besides privacy, we added a few features and improve existing ones based on your feedback.
- Cache-Control: Clears all cache from Child Sites automatically after performing updates from your MainWP Dashboard.
- Parent Theme Lock: Protects you from accidentally deleting a Parent theme when a child theme is actively using it.
- Negative Search: Allow you to perform a search; for example, find all sites that DON’T have “plugin x” installed.
- Better Workflow to Activate Extensions
The MainWP 4.3 was well-received and has become one of the most loved releases to date.
- Client Management: Create clients’ profiles, add tags, assign Child Sites, Suspend clients & sites, and more.
- New Default Theme: A more appealing color palette for your MainWP Dashboard, which you can easily customize the way you want.
- Easily Switch Themes: Switch to the Dark mode or pre-built themes directly from the top-right of your MainWP Dashboard.
- Install Extensions: Install the available MainWP Extensions on wp.org directly inside the Dashboard.
- Non-MainWP Changes: Your Dashboard can detect changes made outside the MainWP Dashboard.
- Grid/List View: 1-Click switch to Grid or List view on the Manage Sites screen.
And a lot more.
For a complete overview of the changelogs, visit the WordPress Repository.
In 2022, we released three new Extensions:
- Lighthouse: Measure the quality of all Child Sites from a single screen with a click.
- Domain Monitor: Get expiry alerts via email, check domain information, and more.
- Atarim: Expands the ability to collaborate with your clients on Atarim, directly from your MainWP Dashboard.
Besides new releases, we shipped important updates on multiple Extensions, such as:
- White Label, File Uploader, Maintenance
- Clone, Staging, Time Capsule
- UpdraftPlus, BackWPup, Wordfence, etc.
These updates include security enhancements, compatibility fixes, and other tweaks. Kindly update by following the steps mentioned in this guide.
MainWP 🤝 Security Ninja
In early 2022, the team at Security Ninja built an extension for MainWP, helping our mutual users to better control and manage the Security Ninja plugin settings directly from the MainWP Dashboard.
MainWP 🤝 Atarim
Managing multiple websites and collaborating is the most challenging aspect of running an agency. We at MainWP and Atarim have experienced it firsthand, so we partnered to streamline the workflow.
I must say that it’s the perfect combination for managing your clients’ websites on both front-end & back-end using Atarim inside your MainWP Dashboard and vice versa.
MainWP 🤝 SEOPress
We received several requests from our users to have a SEOPress Extension so that they can configure its settings on all their Child Sites directly from their MainWP Dashboard.
The SEOPress team deserves a big thank you for responding to the requests by developing such an extensive Extension.
Some Stats of 2022:
- Over 230k traffic, making it 31% growth as compared to 2021
- Just like 2021, the MainWP Pro Yearly subscription was the most loved, with 51% growth
- Our support team resolved 3,188 tickets with a 98% positive rating. Previously, it was 97%, with 2,186 tickets
- Received 95+ new 5-star reviews on WP.org, G2, and Trustpilot
- The MainWP Dashboard and Child plugins received 27+ updates
- The MainWP Child plugin was downloaded at a rate of 2,406 downloads per day
Spreading the Knowledge!
We do not believe in educating ONLY customers but in spreading the knowledge with our fellow WordPressers.
Todd, Donata, and Sebastian
Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Web Care Consultant Survey 2022
- 2023: The Year of the Privacy Laws
- Q/A with the Famous People in the WordPress Ecosystem
- EU – US Data Transfer Agreement: What We Know So Far
- 5 Reasons to Use MainWP to Help Run Your WordPress Web Care Business
- So This is Christmas, and The Movies We Love
- We never stop creating and updating our knowledge base. Over 50 guides were improved and published in 2022.
- At MainWP, we believe Support is Make or Break! In Mid-2022, we welcomed a new team member, Bojan Katusic, to help with your support queries.
Our community, meta.mainwp.com, was renamed to managers.mainwp.com. Here’s Why!
3500+ posts, 1100+ new topics created, and 440+ new users joined the MainWP Managers Community.
Myself in the WordPress Community:
2022 was a bit of a game-changer for me as I started going online more frequently and interacting with the WordPress community.
Have a look at some of them:
- Podcast with Nathan Wrigley on WPTavern
- A Session with Jonathan Denwood & Andrew Palmer on WP-Tonic Podcast
- Interview with Atarim
- With Kristina Romero of WPCareMarket
One of the main reasons for MainWP’s ongoing growth is our commitment to following the guiding principles of being open-source and affordable.
In 2023, we will focus more on providing features for Agencies to make MainWP a complete CRM solution. Additionally, we will be partnering with other WordPress businesses to make managing your websites even more effortless.
A big thanks to you for trusting MainWP for your business needs, and looking forward to continuing this association for years to come.
Stay tuned for exciting updates in early 2023. 😉
Some helpful links to follow: